Best Pellet Grills Under $500. The creation of perfectly smoked food is an art and for that right tools are required mainly from the best smoker.
Luckily, I have done the hard work for you to avoid the hassle of finding the right smoker under 500 which takes forever because there are a plethora of options available in the market and there are several factors that you should consider before making an informed decision.
I have analyzed a handful of pellet grills and have selected only possible options for you in this article to help you make an informed decision. Without further ado, let’s get started.
8 Best Pellet Grill Under 500
1. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill
Camp Chef had the same look for years because its core customers are mostly people who are comfortable with traditional cooking methods like wood-fired grills.
That’s why Camp Chef updated their popular titan 77135i SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill with a brand new touch-sensitive control panel that lets you monitor internal temperature, and temperatures inside of the grill, and even keep track of the time while using self-cleaning capabilities so you don’t have to worry about anything going wrong while you’re away from home.
- Dual temperature sensors for evenly cooked meat
- Digital temperature display
- Total Rack Surface is around 573 square inches
- Can heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
Easily, the SmokePro DLX is our favorite pick for this article which is designed with the home chef in mind.
The onboard dual temperature sensors and digital temperature display allow you to create perfect smoked foods effortlessly and efficiently.
Beginners will find this grill easy as it requires prior learning experience to make smoking meat. Furthermore, the unit has an ashes cleanout and hopper cleanout for regular maintenance of the grill.
Overall, the SmokePro DLX is a great unit that comes with all the bells and whistles that you expect from a good pellet grill and smoker.
- Automatic pellet auger
- Flawless temperature control
- Easy to assemble
- Smaller grease pan
2. Green Mountain Davy Pellet Tailgating Grill
If you’re looking for a tailgating grill that’s easy to move and store while still providing you with the output of power you’ve never had before, then look no further.
The Green Mountain Davy Pellet Tailgating Grill has everything you need, whether it’s your first time using a pellet grill or not.
It’s a tailgating party, frenzy, event, or whatever you want to name it, but no way will we miss it.
Our family looks forward to the occasion every year and it would be great if we could all have even more fun at the next one.
So make plans now to take time with loved ones this fall to think about Green Mountain Davy Pellet Tailgate Grill.
- Foldable design makes transport easier
- 12V adapter to give power to your car battery
- Wi-Fi option to connect with a smartphone
- The grilling area is 216 squares inches
- The grill can be heated between 150 to 550 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a thermal sensor to monitor the grill temperature range
Next, green mountain Davy Crockett is another best pellet grill below the 500-dollar mark that is affordable and comes with a 12V adapter and has Wi-Fi capabilities.
The foldable design of this grill makes transport easier as well as cleanup. The Davy Crockett pellet grill is good for tailgating for a family camping trip.
Overall, the Davy Crocket is the best pellet grill under 400 that offers the best bang for the buck value.
- Mobile connectivity allows you to control the cooking temperature and cooking timer
- A meat probe, a peaked lid, and a convenience tray make this grill versatile
- The smaller stature makes it problematic for larger families
3. Traeger Grills Tailgater 20 Pellet Grill
Traeger Grills Tailgater 20 Pellet Grill. Shipping Weight: 62 pounds. Traeger grill manufacturing is known for making a quality product that heats up quickly and evenly, with even temperatures from one end to another.
This means better-tasting food that doesn’t overcook food on the outside while being undercooked in the center of your meal.
One great feature of this Traeger pellet grill is that it allows you to smoke meat and fish together with ease because the menu has an automatic temperature sensor that reads when food is cooked at the right and accurate temperature control so as not to spoil them in any way.
Another great thing is the hinged lid which makes cleaning easier because you can dispose of ash via a tube easily and quickly, leaving you free of getting your hands dirty trying to wipe down your grill grates.
- Digital thermostat to maintain the temperature of the grill
- LED screen panel to view the temperature inside
- The convection Blower helps maintain the temperature inside
- Total warming Rack Surface Area is 300 square inches
- Capable to heat up to 450 Fahrenheit
The TFB29LZA Junior is a solid grill wood pellet grill that allows you to prepare your desired smoked food consistently. So basically, you can get smoked food without dealing with an open flame.
TFB29LZA Junior is a versatile unit allowing you to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and prepare barbeques.
Overall, the TFB29LZA Junior is a top-notch pellet grill that delivers tremendous versatility and allows you to cook a variety of meals without breaking the bank.
- Durable steel construction
- Versatile cooking unit
- Easy to assemble and use
- The thermostat creates a problem for users
4. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2022 Pellet Grill
This Z GRILLS ZPG-450A grill is amazing. It comes with an electronic ignition system and a Pellet Hopper Capacity of 10 lbs.
It has an Aluminum Cooking Grid, too. With a maximum temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit, you can prepare any dish on this grill to perfection every time.
You love outdoor adventures and being with your family and friends, but you can’t enjoy that time to the fullest if the quality of the food is poor.
So make sure that delicious food won’t be an issue on those camping trips because we know how hard it is to prepare great-tasting food outdoors when you’re far away from home.
- Easy-to-clean waste oil-collector
- Wood pellet grills are used to achieve a Wood-fire taste
- The cooking rack’s surface area is 450 square inches
- Can heat up to 450 Fahrenheit
The best Wood Pellet Grill is a great pellet smoker that features Digital Temperature controls by Z grills and allows you to clean the unit effortlessly.
It can cook meat in different ways and you can maintain the temperature inside the unit with the help of a digital controller to get the best-cooked food.
Overall, the Smoker is the best budget pellet smoker that delivers an excellent cooking experience with extreme portability and versatility making it a top pick for this list.
- 3-years warranty
- Comes with 2 wheels and 2 wheels with a brake for smooth maneuvering
- The smoker setting lags at a time to maintain the temperature
5. Cuisinart CPG-4000 Wood Pellet Grill
Cuisinart’s canister pellet grills are a wonderful tool that lets you make delicious foods on the go and not just inside your home.
You’d love the convenience and flexibility they bring to almost all your outdoor cooking adventures, whether it’s at the house or in places you’re going to be in your backyard like parks or camping sites.
And even at baseball fields since many of them do have at least one port or booth where people can grill food while attending a match. This is a portable pellet grill.
- Comes with an LED display to maintain the heat inside
- Portable design and shelving for easy storage
- A handful of accessory items to assist with versatile cooking
- Total Rack Surface Area is 450 sq. inches
- Can heat up to 475 Degrees Fahrenheit
Next up we have CPG-4000, a great pellet grill that is versatile and allows you to braise, smoke, grill, bake, and slow-cook foods that make this all-in-one unit. You can easily change the smoke settings.
The best thing is that it automatically manages the temperature to make even cooked food for you regardless of what are you grilling. This and another handful of features makes this grill a considerable pick for this article.
Overall, the CPG-4000 is an impressive grill that is ideal for large families who want to enjoy entertainment regularly. The CPG-4000 is a perfect example of usability and portability giving you enough capacity to serve bigger families.
- Comes with a weather-resistant grill cover
- Stationary side shelf and foldable legs lower shelf for easy storage
- Digital display for precise temperature control
- Electric ignition for easy start-up
- The absence of regular cleaning will cause clogging
6. Z Grills ZPG-10002B 2020 Pellet Grill
Z Grills ZPG-10002B 2020 Pellet Grill. This grill is nothing short of a full-blown inferno as it features 1000 square inches of primary cooking area, 500 square inches of extra warming surface, and 1250 square inches of nonstick grilling area.
The Z Grills ZPG-10002B Grill is certain to satisfy any grilling enthusiast who wants a large grill.
The grill stretches 8 by 12.5 by 47 inches and weighs approximately 79 pounds. It can accommodate an individual who is over six feet tall.
- Automated electric feed system
- Versatile cooker
- Digital Ignition for easy lighting
- Total Rack Surface Area is 700 sq. inches
- Can heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
As the name suggests, the Z grills are 8-in-1 BBQ smoker that comes with a large grill area of 700 square inches to prepare food for the largest family or even functions.
Plus, you would be able to cook multiple foods at the same time on the grill for a large group or gatherings. The Z Grills is fueled by 100% natural wood pellets.
Overall, the Wood Pellet Grill 8-in-1 is the best budget option for you which offers the largest cooking surface without spending a dime.
Other than that, the grill delivers the versatility that you cannot get at this price in any other grill. So, you can get a budget grill for large parties.
- 3-year warranty for customer satisfaction
- Large cooking space
- capacity to prepare a ton of food
- Heavy-duty steel construction for durability
- Large storage and generous cooking space
- Lacks ash container, making cleaning troublesome
7. Camp Chef 20″ Pursuit Pellet Grill
Camp Chef’s 20-inch grill is perfect for beginners. It gives you that classic grilling experience, the one that you’d have if grilling was the only way of cooking in this world.
With this product, you get a camp chef-quality grilling experience at home no matter how much cooking space your kitchen already has.
If you are looking for a high-quality grill that will give you the opportunity to cook at home with the same result as a chef, then Camp Chef is looking forward to serving that purpose.
The brand offers products at a wide range of different prices and models from which anyone can choose according to their needs and preferences.
- Dual shelf convection cooking for even cooking
- Digital controls to maintain temperature
- Dual LED temperature probes for temperature testing
- Lid lock for safety
- Lever-activated searing distributes the flames even on both grates
- The cooking area is 500 sq. inches
- Can heat up to 500 Fahrenheit
The Camp Chef PPG20 is a solid grill that can sear your meat, thanks to the level-activated searing feature.
Plus, the larger cooking capacity area allows you to prepare food for a bunch of family members or groups. You can maintain the temperature of the grill with digital controls.
The cost of Camp Chef PPG20 is nothing compared to the features you get in this unit.
Overall, the Camp Chef PPG20 is a true example of portability at affordable prices and allows you to sear the meat effortlessly. Furthermore, it comes with dual LED temperature probes allowing you to ensure the temperature is even inside the chamber.
- The foldable design makes it highly portable
- Ash cleanout system helps in the maintenance
- Two LED thermometers for superior temperature monitoring
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Slightly heavier
8. Z GRILLS ZPG-6002B 2020 Pellet Grill
Z GRILLS ZPG-6002B 2020 Pellet Grill is designed with the latest in grilling technology.
This grill is a great accessory for your outdoor patio if you love to grill regularly, and of course, you want to save money doing so.
The cooking area measures 715 square inches, giving you plenty of room for several different kinds of meat.
If you’re considering purchasing one, you might consider choosing a Z GRILLS ZPG-6002B 2020 Pellet Grill.
Whether you are a seasoned griller or an amateur, this pellet grill is great for grilling deliciously seasoned food. This can also help you achieve healthy meals as the grill maintains its temperature throughout its use.
- Smart Smoke technology for temperature maintenance
- Capable of grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, braising, and barbequing
- Easy to start
- The cooking surface is 530 sq. inches
- Can heat up to 450 Fahrenheit
The final pick for this article is WOOD PELLET GRILL 6-IN-1, a versatile smoker that comes with a PID controller allowing you to cook outdoors and is fueled by 100% natural barbeque wood pellets giving a “wood-fire” taste to your food.
Moving on, the unit comes with digital control that ignites the grill with ease and allows you to control the temperature inside the grill for even cooking.
And, the convection cooking ability makes it a versatile pellet grill that not only smokes meat, but grills, roasts, braises, and bakes.
The WOOD PELLET GRILL 6-IN-1 is a great pellet grill under 500 that is highly versatile, comes with a lifetime warranty to make you confident for your investment, and allows you to prepare a range of foods without breaking the bank. Best Pellet Grills Under $500.
- Digital controller for temperature maintenance
- Can accommodate larger families and gatherings
- Lifetime guarantee
- The temperature probe has received many complaints from customers
Several factors should be taken into consideration when buying a pellet grill. You ought to consider the type, size, and location of the smoker prior to making your purchase because it will help you a lot in making your best selection.
When purchasing inexpensive pellet grills, one is likely to find them either online or in local stores. You can read reviews on the most popular bars on Best Pellet Grills Under $500 here.
Are Pellet Grills Easy To Use?
Best Pellet Grills Under $500. Our goal is to help our readers find the best pellet grill under $500 that’ll suit their needs. In this pellet grill reviews guide, we’ll review and compare the best outdoor grills for under $500. This is a great and very reliable pellet grill.
We’ll also review the best pellet grill accessories and provide some useful tips to help you make an informative decision.