The creation of perfectly smoked food is an art and for that right tools are required mainly the best smoker.
Luckily, I have done the hard work for you to avoid you from the hassle of finding the right smoker under 500 that takes forever because there are a plethora of options available in the market and there are several factors that you should consider before making an informed decision.
I have analyzed a handful of pellet grills and have selected only possible options for you in this article to help you make an informed decision.
Without further ado, let’s get started…
Best Pellet Grill Under 500
- Dual temperature sensors for evenly cooked meat
- Digital temperature display
- Total Rack Surface is around 573 square inches
- Can heat up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
Easily, the SmokePro DLX is our favorite pick for this article that is designed with the home chef in mind. The on-board dual temperature sensors and digital temperature display allows you to create perfect smoked foods effortlessly and efficiently.
Beginners will find this grill easy as it requires prior learning experience to make smoking meat. Furthermore, the unit has ashes cleanout and hopper cleanout for regular maintenance of the grill.
Overall, the SmokePro DLX is a great unit that comes with all the bells and whistles that you expect from a good pellet smoker
- Automatic pellet auger
- Flawless temperature control
- Easy to assemble
- Smaller grease pan
- Foldable design makes transport easier
- 12V adapter to give power from your car battery
- Wi-Fi option to connect with a smartphone
- Grilling area is 216 squares inches
- The grill can be heated between 150 to 550 degree Fahrenheit
- Comes with a thermal sensor to monitor the grill temperature
Next, Davy Crockett is another great pellet grill below the 500 dollar mark that is affordable and comes with a 12V adapter and has Wi-Fi capabilities.
The foldable design of this grill makes the transport easier as well as the cleanup. The Davy Crockett pellet grill is good for tailgating for a family camping trip.
Overall, the Davy Crocket is the best pellet grill under 400 that offers the best bang for the buck value.
- Mobile connectivity allows you to control the temperature and cooking time
- Meat probe, a peaked lid, and convenience tray makes this grill versatile
- The smaller stature makes it problematic for larger families
- Digital thermostat to maintain the temperature of the grill
- LED screen panel to view the temperature inside
- Convection Blower helps maintain the temperature inside
- Total Rack Surface Area is 300 square inches
- Capable to heat up to 450 Fahrenheit
The TFB29LZA Junior is a solid wood pellet grill that allows you to prepare your desired smoked food consistently. So basically, you can get smoked food without dealing with open flame.
TFB29LZA Junior is a versatile unit allowing you to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and prepare barbeques.
Overall, the TFB29LZA Junior is a top-notch pellet grill that delivers tremendous versatility and allows you to cook a variety of meals without breaking the bank.
- Durable steel construction
- Versatile cooking unit
- Easy to assemble and use
- The thermostat creates a problem for users
- Easy to clean waste oil-collector
- Wood pellets are used to achieve a Wood-fire taste
- Rack surface area is 450 square inches
- Can heat up to 450 Fahrenheit
The Wood Pellet Grill is a great pellet smoker that features Digital Temperature controls by Z grills and allows you to clean the unit effortlessly. It can cook meat in different ways and you can maintain the temperature inside the unit with the help of a digital controller to get the best-cooked food.
Overall, the Smoker is the best budget pellet smoker that delivers an excellent cooking experience with extreme portability and versatility making it a top pick for this list.
- 3-years warranty
- Comes with 2 wheels and 2 wheels with brake for smooth maneuvering
- The smoker setting lags at a time to maintain the temperature
- Comes with LED display to maintain the heat inside
- Portable design and shelving for easy storage
- A handful of accessory items to assist with versatile cooking
- Total Rack Surface Area is 450 sq. inches
- Can heat up to 475 Degree Fahrenheit
The next up we have CPG-4000, a great pellet grill that is versatile and allows you to braise, smoke, grill, , bake, and slow cook foods that make this all-in-one unit.
The best thing is that it automatically manages the temperature to make even cooked food for you regardless of what are you grilling. This and another handful of features makes this grill a considerable pick for this article.
Overall, the CPG-4000 is an impressive grill that is ideal for large families who want to enjoy entertainment regularly. The CPG-4000 is a perfect example of usability and portability giving you enough capacity to serve bigger families.
- Comes with weather-resistant grill cover
- Stationary side shelf and foldable lower shelf for easy storage
- Digital display for temperature control
- Electric ignition for easy start-up
- Absence of regular cleaning will cause clogging
- Automated electric feed system
- Versatile cooker
- Digital Ignition for easy lighting
- Total Rack Surface Area is 700 sq. inches
- Can heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
As the name suggests, the Z grills are an 8-in-1 BBQ smoker that comes with a large grill area of 700 square inches to prepare food for the largest family or even functions. Plus, you would be able to cook multiple foods at the same time on the grill for a large group or gatherings.
The Z Grills is fueled by 100% natural wood pellets.
Overall, the Wood Pellet Grill 8-in-1 is the best budget option for you that offers the largest cooking surface without spending a dime. Other than that, the grill delivers the versatility that you cannot get at this price in any other grill. So, you can get a budget grill for large parties.
- 3-year warranty for customer satisfaction
- Large capacity to prepare a ton of food
- Heavy-duty steel construction for durability
- Large storage space
- Lacks ash container, making cleaning troublesome
- Dual shelf convection cooking for even cooking
- Digital controls to maintain temperature
- Dual LED temperature probes for temperature testing
- Lid lock for safety
- Lever activated searing distributes the flames even on both grates
- The cooking area is 500 sq. inches
- Can heat up to 500 Fahrenheit
The Camp Chef PPG20 is a solid grill that can sear your meat, thanks to the level activated the searing feature. Plus, the larger capacity cooking area allows you to prepare foods for a bunch of family members or groups. You can maintain the temperature of the grill with digital controls.
The cost of Camp Chef PPG20 is nothing compared to the features you get in this unit.
Overall, the Camp Chef PPG20 is a true example of portability at affordable prices and allows you to sear the meat effortlessly. Furthermore, it comes with dual LED temperature probes allowing you to ensure the temperature is even inside the chamber.
- Foldable design makes it highly portable
- Ash cleanout system helps in maintenance
- Two LED thermometers for superior temperature monitoring
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Slightly heavier
- Smart Smoke technology for temperature maintenance
- Capable of grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, braising, and barbequing
- Easy to start
- The cooking surface is 530 sq. inches
- Can heat up to 450 Fahrenheit
The final pick for this article is WOOD PELLET GRILL 7-IN-1, a versatile smoker that comes with a PID controller allowing you to cook outdoors and is fueled by 100% natural barbeque wood pellets giving a “wood-fire” taste to your food.
Moving on, the unit comes with digital control that ignites the grill with ease and allows you to control the temperature inside the grill for even cooking.
And, the convection cooking ability makes it a versatile pellet grill that not only smokes meat, but grills, roasts, braises, and bakes.
The WOOD PELLET GRILL 7-IN-1 is a great pellet grill under 500 that is highly versatile, comes with a lifetime warranty to make you confident for your investment and allows you to prepare a range of foods without breaking the bank.
- Digital controller for temperature maintenance
- Can accommodate larger families and gatherings
- Lifetime guarantee
- The temperature probe has received many complaints from customers