Tiny white bugs that look like dust. Summers and springs have just arrived and, with them, some of their comforts and discomforts. I will discuss one discomfort that comes along with these seasons.
There are a few species of bugs that are confused with dust, because of which many people face a lot of problems. Some of them feed on human skin, especially dry skin, and some of them feed on the plants in your garden.
On several occasions I have experienced some of them and the damages they cause, a few times even I have confused them with the dust and lint on our plants in the garden but later I got to know they were tinny white bugs that resembled the dust and lint, but by that time it was too late because some damage was done.
Tomorrow you can be in such a situation, then what will you do? Will confuse them with the dust and lint? Or you would want to know what are they and how to get rid of them before they cause any serious problem either to you or your plants?
Tiny white bugs that look like dust
In this article, I will guide you on a few white bugs that look like dust and lint and are common in your home. I will also guide you on how to get rid of them.
To understand the mealybugs, you must understand the following few points.
- Mealybugs feed on plants so they are plant bugs.
- These plant bugs infest the plants in a cluster.
- You will see the group of these bugs on the leaves and fruit of plants.
- Since these bugs hatch the eggs in June so their most active month is June.
Getting rid of mealybugs
- Chopping the part of plants on which they have infested can help you in getting rid of them.
- If their numbers have exploded on the plants, then merely spraying the soapy water on them will help you to get rid of them.
To understand whiteflies, you must consider the following points.
- Whiteflies are most active in the summer and spring seasons.
- We find them on the plants, hence they are plant bugs.
- These bugs discharge honeydew on the leaves and branches, which is a source of attraction for ants.
- Be careful of them because if they land on your face they will bite you, therefore it is best for you whenever you are near the plants in the summer and spring seasons you must not leave any part of your body exposed to bugs.
Getting rid of whiteflies
- First, identify the plants that are infested with whiteflies.
- After identifying the plant infested with whiteflies, directly spray the soapy water on them. Doing this will get you rid of them.
- Never think of spraying the insecticide spray on them because this will kill the beneficial insects like centipedes and dragonflies that feed on whiteflies.
To understand wooly aphids, you must keep following points in mind.
- To understand wooly aphids, you must keep the following points in mind.
- They are outdoor bugs that feed on plants, hence plant bugs.
- They resemble cotton when they infest a plant.
- These bugs discharge honeydew and pale wax, through them you know they have infested the tree.
Getting rid of wooly aphids
- Identify the plant they have infested.
- After identifying the plant they have infested, chop the branch of that plant,this will help you in getting rid of them.
- You can also spray soapy water on them in order to get rid of them.
To understand dust mites, you must keep following points in mind.
- Spread faster than other bugs
- These bugs spread faster in your home because their feed is readily available and that is your skin.
- When their number increases in your home, you will see them in the sofas, furniture, carpets, rugs, and everywhere in the home.
- If you have skin that is dry then be ready for their bit, otherwise, they will not bite you.
Getting rid of dust mites
- To get rid of these bugs either you can thoroughly vacuum and clean your home on a regular basis because this will help you in getting rid of them.
- Steam cleaner produces the heat that doesn’t go well with these bugs, therefore steam clean all the fabrics in your home in order to kill these bugs.
Is there a bug that looks like dust?
Yes, there are quite a few bugs that look like dust, for example, dust mites.
In this article you have learned some of the tiny white bugs that look like dust, after reading this article you would probably know their damage and possibly be more careful about yourself and your plants.